Sales management and experience design — What do they have in common? 10:40 on Thursday
This snippet of an idea is from a book I’m reading, Myynnin anatomia by Petteri Laine.
Sales management is setting and maintaining…
- a supportive environment — making it possible to sell well
- requirements — making sure the sales people are striving towards the intended goals
- motivation of the sales people — very important, considering you have to be happy about losing if you want to be a good seller
This is pretty much the same triad I have thought about regarding the management of designed experiences. To maintain and manifest an intended experience throughout a company and its activities, you need…
- a supportive environment
- to make sure people are working towards the common goal (this includes the harsh job of yanking people off the wrong path, steering or even killing pet projects), and finally
- to keep people motivated about the intended experience and their ability to provide the experience and make it real in what they do.
Maybe it’s just a basic lesson in management. Period.